Saturday 9 July 2011

Sunday Pizza

So today I'm making pizza. I love to do it on days like today because there is loads of time to prove your dough, and also to gather all your favourite toppings.
My little brother has a pizza shop so I've learnt a few tricks from him, which I will be sharing today.
First thing, you could actually get away with making a decent pizza dough during the week without all the proving time. As far as Az is concerned it goes like this:

1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
satchet of yeast
2 cups plain flour
Pinch of salt
Drizzle of olive oil

Dissolve sugar in warm water, add your satchel of yeast cover and let it rise for 10 mins or until frothy.

In a large bowl mix it in with the plain flour, pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Kneed until smooth.

Leave aside in a warm place, and go for a smoke. (Not that I will be doing that!)
After one cigarette it's ready to go so pat it out onto a pizza tray, prick the dough with a fork, top with your favourite topping, and place in a preheated 240C oven until golden underneath.

However he does say the longer you leave your dough the fluffier it gets so I'm doing that today. I like it airy...
Plus I want to get a few more things. Like a capsicum, and maybe some rocket.

I'm really craving some mushrooms today so I've marinated some in Keens Curry. I know it's lazy but I can't be bothered to make my own paste. I've chopped up some fresh coriander to with it. That'll do.

I've covered my dough so I'm heading out for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment