Sunday 10 July 2011

Sunday Pizza Part 2

So I went to the State Library to check out an exhibition of news photography.
After that Simon and I went 'round to Town Hall station that has the handiest Woolworths ever, right next to the ticket area, so I didn't have to go far at all!
We picked up some supplies and caught the train home. We were quite hungry after the exhibition, and emotionally drained. Some of the images were very moving and confronting.

Back at home I got back onto pizza. It had doubled in size just beautifully.


You forget how awesome it is when you make it yourself. For some reason I'm not as thirsty at the end of my meal in comparison to when we get the takeaway sort. I think there must be heaps of oil and salt in the latter.
 
Firstly, I kneaded the dough once more, and then divided it into three equal parts.




Before I started the toppings I gave each pizza the following base:
 
Tomato sauce for 3 small pizza's:
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 tsp brown sugar
a few sprigs of freshly chopped oregano
drizzle of olive oil, 
crushed clove garlic

Then I topped each with:
Small handful of sliced onion
Good handful of mozzarella 

Each pizza took about 10-15 mins in a 240C oven.

L-R:  Margherita, Curried Mushroom, Chilli Anchovy & Mushroom
Curried mushrooms with rocket, minted yoghurt, 
and green tomato relish 
Curried Mushrooms (from earlier today)
6 good size mushrooms, whichever you like
1/2 tsp Keen's Curry
Pinch salt
A few sprigs of freshly chopped coriander
Drizzle olive oil

Mix it all up in bowl and let it marinate for an hour or so.

1/3 sliced green capsicum

Put capsicum and mushrooms on your pizza and top with extra mozzarella.
Top the centre with fresh rocket and minted yoghurt, and a dollop of relish on each slice to serve.

Minted Yoghurt
A few sprigs of freshly chopped mint
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
Pinch salt. (you dont need to do this, it's just the Lebo in me that makes me do it)

This was an absolute cracker! I was so happy with it. The green tomato relish gives it some sweetness, which goes really well with the curry spices, tang of the yoghurt, and the bitterness of the rocket.

Chilli Anchovy & Mushroom
No explanation needed. You like it salty, use heaps of anchovies. You like it chilli, use heaps of chilli. You like mushrooms... you get the idea...

On this little pizza I used a 45g can of anchovies, which I thought was a bit too much. Next time I'll use half as much.

Foreground: Margherita Pizza
Margherita
Small handful fresh basil finely chopped
Mozzarella

Dont be fooled by the simplicity of this pizza. I'm still perfecting it. I've learnt to use fresh basil, and cover the leaves with mozzarella (not tasty cheese) so you don't burn them in the oven. This preserves the sweetness of the leaves during baking and stops them turning bitter.

I had some extra rocket left over so I tossed in with some baked sweet potato, olive oil, and balsamic. Good food can't go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment